Our History & Philosophy

Home > Who we are > Our History & Philosophy

Eva Tilley, OBE

Eva Tilley Memorial Home has been providing service for elderly residents in our community since it opened its doors in 1962.

The Home was an initiative of the Camberwell Benevolent Society, which was passionate about providing a residence for elderly citizens, and planning had begun almost a decade earlier in 1953. The facility was named in memory of Mrs Eva Tilley OBE, a dedicated humanitarian and member of the Benevolent Society for more than 30 years.

Our  home has a voluntary Board of Management and at Eva Tilley we are dedicated and connected to the care of our local residents. We distinguish ourselves as a not-for-profit aged care facility built by the community for the community. Our warm friendly and attentive staff is committed to providing exceptional quality of care directed towards making sure each resident feels part of the “Eva Tilley family”. Our philosophy of care seeks to meet our resident’s daily needs while also encouraging personal independence and individual rights.

We provide care for a diverse range of needs – from short-term respite care to specialised dementia and palliative care – in premium accommodation that ranges from standard to deluxe rooms for individuals and couples.
We believe a purposeful and engaged life style is key to the happiness of our residents to stay connected to their friends and family as well as integrating many of our activities with the local community.
Eva Tilley continues to be inspired by the spirit of our founders in providing care for those in need and in a setting that makes everyone feel at home.